On Monday, I posted these 5 desserts on my Facebook page and polled everyone to see which you would like to see on this month’s baking corner.
Winning the poll hands down is the Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars!! And it’s the PERFECT dessert to kick off Fall! (Can you believe Fall is here in 2 days??). If you voted for one of the other desserts, don’t despair…they will have their own blog time soon. :)
I do have to apologize a bit about my pictures beforehand here. I made 5 desserts at the same time (see top picture), so to say it was a BIT chaotic in my kitchen would be an understatement. :) And the pictures of these cookie bars just do not do them justice! Someday soon hopefully I can make them again and give you some better pictures!
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 6 cups Golden Graham Cereal or graham crackers, ground in food processor (NOTE: 6 cups whole cereal, not ground. I made that mistake and totally ran out of cereal so added graham crackers to make up the difference, and then realized I had waaaaay too much ground up anyways! You can actually probably even cut this down to 4 or 5 cups…just depends on how thick you want your crust)
- 2 rolls Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-21 oz cans apple pie filling
- 2 – 1.5 oz packages Nature Valley Oats N’ Honey Crunchy Granola Bars (2 count), crushed
- 12-14 oz caramels (just depends on how caramely you want the bars! I used 2 whole bags of caramel and that was way too much…but oh they oozed caramel!)
- 1 Cup half and half
(NOTE: This picture shows the ingredients for all 5 desserts I made! I don’t have one of the apple ingredients alone, but doesn’t this picture just make you want to bake? :) )
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 13×9 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. This will help REALLY help you pull the bars out easily of the baking dish when you’re done!
3. Melt the butter and combine with the ground cereal in the foil lined baking dish, and press into a crust form. You can choose to use more or less butter/cereal to get the crust to your desired thickness.
4. Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 350 and remove from the oven.
5. Crumble one roll of the cookie dough over the baked crust. I used big chunks of cookie dough…just my preference!
6. In a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth, and then pour over the crumbled cookie dough layer.
7. Bake again for 25 minutes at 350.
8. Top with the cans of apple pie filling. I used both whole cans, but you can definitely use less if that is your preference!
9. Crumble the 2nd roll of cookie dough over the pie filling.
10. Crush the granola bars and sprinkle on the top of the 2nd cookie dough layer.
11. Bake once more for 30-35 minutes at 350.
12. Let them cool completely before you cut them up.
13. Melt the caramel and half-and-half per the stove top directions on the bag or caramel, then drizzle over the bars! It’s best to melt the caramel and drizzle right before serving if you can. :)
As you can see, I used a LOT of caramel! But oooooh were they tasty!
Like I mentioned earlier, not the best picture to show off how tasty this was…but you’ve just got to try it! You won’t be disappointed! :) I mean, just look at that caramel oozing goodness!ENJOY!!!
Recipe found from one of my favorite baking/cooking blogs, Picky Palate!
Past Baking Corners:
* The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies *
* Ice Cream Cupcakes *
* Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies *
* Strawberry Shortcake *
* Coconut Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies *
* Cookie Dough Ice Cream *